Key Steps to Success
How Will CHAIR Achieve Its Goals?
CHAIR is a working coalition. Our members are ready to take action and to implement engineered solutions focusing on air, water, UV light and touch surfaces that will actively reduce HAIs in a meaningful and significant manner. Beyond participating in clinical trials, CHAIR members will undertake the following:
- Determine and define antimicrobial in real world environments (establish operational definition of what it means to be antimicrobial)
- Develop a CSA Standard for antimicrobial touch surfaces
- Establish a CSA Certification program for antimicrobial products with criteria for understanding when a product has met or surpassed the standard
- Conduct rapid and accurate baseline and on-going monitoring assessments of HAI rates
- Resolve logistics issues involved in conducting trials (i.e., tracking coated items in mobile usage environments)
- Engage top decision makers to overcome roadblocks to good information and to reduce budget silos
- Establish 30-year operational analyses and strategy across Ministries of Health and Healthcare Facilities
- Establish a recognition program for antimicrobial products
To find out what you can do outside of CHAIR and to stay updated on the latest news, also see infectioncontrol.tips.